Sunday, March 18, 2007

40 + 4=44

This past week was my birthday. My dear friends and family bestowed upon me such spectacular good wishes and celebrations that I am beyond humbled.
Because it was also the Ten Year Birthday of Isle of You, I asked for and received a good week of sales at the store. All us girls workin on the Isle appreciate that. Between the NCAA Tournament and the crappy weather it could've been a banner BAD week, but our buddies rallied to the cause and purchased somethin' for themselves (or a loved one) that we hope they'll enjoy for 10 years....or more!
The Guyons invited me to join them in Louisville on Saturday for a Byron Katie Workshop. WOW! I can't even begin to tell you....without a doubt the inner workings of my thought processes have shifted. Thank you Byron Katie! Thank you Guyons! You're precious.
For my birthday present, Hap and the boys agreed to clean our house to cleaning lady standards. So, I got home from Louisville and a large portion of our furniture was on the back lawn. Hap was standing on the back porch drinking a beer, smiling real big and saying "I'm nowhere near done, Honey." The scene was just so cute and The Work was still so strong in me that I wasn't concerned or annoyed or anything.
While gettin dressed for my big birthday soiree at Lucy & Micks I decided my birthday outfit would be planned around my new "Marie Antoinette" Paul Frank tee. If I'd done better planning I would've acquired a small bird cage for my head but I didn't plan so instead I looked like this. Are you feeling the "Marie"? A grand time was had by all. The babies were adorable. The food was delicious. The cake was beautiful. The guests were lookin fabulous.....oh and I got me some great gifts! I've really done nuthin 2day, but bask in the memories of this amazing birthday week, work on this blog post and upload photos to flickr. Hap continues to work his fingers to the bone with the house cleanin and the boys have been jumping on the trampoline. All in all a great way to end the week.

In other news....according to my Quit-O-Meter, I have NOT smoked in 1 month 2 Weeks 2 Days 7 hours and 23 minutes. This means I have NOT smoked 696 cigarettes and I have saved $151.34....money which I plan to use to go to Bonaroo. Who's with me?

1 comment:

anessa arehart said...

Happy Belated B-day, Girlie~ to YOU and the ISLE!
You looks maaaaavehlous!!!

Hope to see you soon.
Happy SPRING!