Monday, April 16, 2007

Prepared!!!


Lord God! Everyone get prepared!
Get prepared!
Get prepared!
Get prepared!
Outrage today on the news
that Virginia Tech wasn't
more prepared!
Excuse me?
Huh?
How does a school or an individual or a town
Prepare!
for the unthinkable?
And what does a world look like
where schools, towns and individuals
are prepared! to react quickly & efficiently
to the unthinkable?
Yes. Yes. I get it.
An ounce of prevention
blah blah blah..
I totally get that.
But the question
I find myself
coming back to
time & time again...
What do I want my world
to look like?
to be like?
to feel like?
I know for sure
that there's little
in that dream world
that reflects a culture
forced to feel
it should be
forever prepared!
to handle
the freaky scene
when anger
insanity
and a gun
doth meet.