Saturday, March 10, 2007

It all started with the Lips


This morning at the Isle I had something like five coincidental oddities with Susannah, a somewhat regular Saturday morning shopper that I don't know well, but always enjoy seeing. First, I'd thought about her just last night because I'd made contact with Joel Crisp and it made me think of her and another Saturday morning at the Isle when she and I listened to Catawampus and reminisced about the "good old days". So we're talking and it turns out that she's good friends with some old Isle of You favorites, Christina and Satana. Later, I don't know how it came up...she asked if I'd heard the NPR "This I Believe" that Wayne Coyne from the Flaming Lips did. OMG! I'd heard it and it's one of my favorites! She goes on to tell me that she happened across "Fearless Freaks" a documentary about them on TV and it was pretty good. Guess what was due to arrive in my mailbox from Netflix this very day? Right. Fearless Freaks. Isn't that weird? What does it mean? Does it mean anything? Maybe I'll make it mean something. I'm aching for some magic. Maybe the obsession I now have with Wayne Coynes is the magic. Wayne may be the funnest most non judgemental,well adjusted person in the world....ever. The Lips are playing Bonnaroo this year. So are alot of other acts I'd love to catch. Me, Hap, Otto and Christin are thinking about going.

No comments: